Thursday, January 15, 2009

Getting Ready for the DEEP FREEZE...



We are getting ready for a really cold next couple of days... I have wrapped the well in extra insulation, the water lines are turned off and drained, and I fed everyone a bit more corn to generate some heat for the night. The north wind is starting to pick up and we are expecting temperatures to dip into the teens.


I have included a picture of URosie in full fleece to warm us all up. We can all use a nice warm fleece right now. It is almost 6pm here in Alabama and the temperature is already down to the 30's. It really has been a cold winter here in the south. Between the cold and the rain, it has been a tough winter all around. We are thankful we are not up north where those poor souls are dealing with below zero temperatures. I am from up north and have experienced that kind of cold. That kind of cold is beautiful and deadly all at the same time. I remember the air never being cleaner or clearer then when the temps dipped below zero. But I have experienced slight frost bite and do not ever want to go there again.


I have experienced some hot, hot and muggy days here in Alabama, but they were still manageable and unless one had some medical problem, would not terminate one.


Enough for now, need to add some logs to the fire. You'all take care and stay warm...