Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas is over for another year...
















I hope everyone had a great holiday and we were busy with family and all. My new border collie Jake is a great dog and we are bonding well. I will take him to stock next week. He has the eye and ready to work in the pictures above.

After a good bath and brushing, he is down right handsome. We have been working on some basic commands and Jake has been learning to ride in the back seat of the truck. Apparently he had always ridden in the back of a truck and that is to dangerous for me. He is adjusting well and getting along with my Jack Russel Terror.














We have the water lines in the ground and waiting for the rain to let up so we can get a dump truck of gravel to finish the geo textile and gravel before setting the water troughs. It has been a very wet December.


Well, enough for now and everyone have a Great New Year and even better 2009! Oh, I have had some emails asking about Helen and her baby chicks. The photo below is Helen and her babies. They are growing fast and Helen is very protective of them. She pecks real hard if one gets to close. Two of her chicks look like they will be huge and have some feathers on their legs. The one small one is a bantam Americana, she hatched from a small blue egg. I asked my friend what kind of eggs he gave me and he could not remember... I think they are all hens because I do not see any large combs, but time will tell....